Wednesday 15 February 2023

Meshmachine Blender add-on

 So I bought an add-on, years and years ago. It was promoted through HardOPs, which I'm going to learn to use, one of these days. It was called MESHmachine, and it looks really cool. Think: hard-surface modelling without the subdivision. MESHmachine provides a big bunch of tools that let you modify polygon models in a non-destructive way. Chamfer and fillet, then fuse, then undo stuff.

Fast forward a little bit. I'd very typically not invested the necessary time and effort to learn to use the add-on. Blender got its big developmental bump and Mesh Machines split its add-on into two separate versions. I didn't see the upgrade email so was left with  an add-on that I couldn't use with the current versions of Blender.

Well I finally got around to contacting Machin3, the developer of the add-on to ask if there was an upgrade path. Well he only went and gave me a free upgrade for both Mesh Machine and Decal Machine, the companion add-on for adding surface decals.



I've no idea what I'm doing but I managed to add those little screw holes. So much to learn!

See more on the Blender Store: https://blendermarket.com/products/meshmachine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...