Monday 23 January 2023

This is BIG. BIG! Bigger than any add-on. I got Substance Painter 3D 2023 (Steam Edition)

 

Substance Painter is the industry standard application for texturing models. You import your 3D model into Substance Painter, then apply materials and paint stuff. Only its better than that. It's used in triple-A games and blockbuster movies. 

So I watched a 10-minute tutorial and wham! I can create really basic Substance Painter material. Pretty cool!


Attempt 3. First two got broken UVs. All my fault.


Two minutes to build. Five minutes to create the material

It is going to take a while to learn how to create high quality materials, but it's very gratifying to be able to knock a material out in a few minutes. In this case using a smart material that contains the usual set of channels that include colour, roughness, normals etc.


Other stuff

Random Flow FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...