Thursday 19 January 2023

Crash, crash, crash.....crash

 I had a couple of low days, this week. I spent a mountain of money on a PC that should allow me to create huge scenes. Turns out Blender has other ideas.

I gave up after about 12 concurrent crashes-to-desktop

The scene isn't all that big but I find that crashing to desktop happens all the time when I try to play with big-ish terrains. I might try to go back to the bad old world of importing massive meshes, to see if that  dodges the crash bullet. Using meshes instead of using subdivision on displacement usually results in a juddery and mostly unusable UI.

Other stuff


Lunar Lander


Building a space vehicle. The effort is hanging on by a thread but I will get it to a satisfactory level of completion. Note the engines are kitbashed from an earlier space vehicle:


St John Smyth - from a couple of years ago.


Other stuff


  • I decided to invest in Substance Painter (Steam edition). However the 2023 edition never appeared. I'm informed that it was delayed but is coming out in a few weeks. Watch this space!

    - I really need to go back and improve my UV editing skills. I made a lot of progress and get some benefit from the excellent ZenUV but I still feel like I'm missing a lot of knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...