Friday 28 October 2022

Colossus speaks with shapes and colours

 

The new workstation, in place (on the right). It's a colossus, even if it actual has the same make and model of case as the last machine. I name my machines. This one is called Athena.



My blender is momentarily in disarray. I've gone through the new installation and configured the basics. I've had to stop installing my large number of add-ons because I'm still waiting for my onedrive directory to sync, so that the installation files are in place. Still, I was able to do a couple of 1-minute tests. 

Is Athena fast? Oh yes. Hard to quantify but renders that would take a minute now take about a quarter of the time.


This scene actually uses yet another plugin - tru-Sky. It looks greats, but I'll need to have a proper play with it when everything is in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...