Thursday 6 February 2020

Fallow week

Some more landscape modelling work from the beginning of the week.

Scatchbuilt in World Creator


Very pleasing and natural-looking erosion patterns


I love the creative freedom that World Creator 1 provides. More about World Creator, although they are currently selling the version 2, which I will eventually buy.

Not much done in nearly a week


I've spent the last couple of nights gaining. Rainbow Six and The Division 2. It's been grand but its time to get back to work.


I need focus, and a sense of completing a set task, a project. I need to make the Fireshark space fighter that project. The Fireshark is a classic hard surface vehicular project, not too big, but plenty of challenges.

Tonight, I'm out catching up with an old friend, but I should get an hour to do some drawing work to hammer down the basic design.

I need to stop myself from noodling the design too much. Noodling, the act of improvised design, adding new elements and pushing a design into unknown areas is really valuable and a lot of fun, but for me, the result always becomes overwrought and too far removed from the design inception that it feels like I've failed. I need a really strong blueprint to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...