Monday 13 January 2020

The sleeper must awaken! *big yawn*



It's hard to believe that I've been tinkering with Blender for so long. Alas, I have failed in my promise to invest and become truly proficient. That is, until now.

In 2020, this changes. Commitment renewed!

I need a plan, some real goals. I have training materials aplenty. The wealth of excellent free Youtube content ensures that anyone willing to put in time and effort has a vast amount of demonstrated expertise on tap. I've also got some really good paid-for training. Including a 2.8-specific course on Udemy (Blender 2.8 The complete guide from beginner to pro) and through Creativeshrimp.

I'm going to blow the dust off of this blog because it's really useful to record my thoughts, track progress or current problems.

Multiple iterations of mirror turned this simple frame into a huge lattice

I started my own "cute room" diorama. Also available in isometric view.


Note to me

It's important to keep plugging away. Having time away from modelling makes the return harder until you can't face making that climb again, really getting to grips with 20 different tools that would have made your last effort so much easier.

Notebooks

I'm scribbling what I learn down in a (paper) notebook. I hope that this will help to cement what I learn and make it easier to relearn when I forget a particular thing.

Use it daily

Having 10 minutes of hands-on time helps. Like any kind of practice regime, you get out what you put in, and you tend to get out more when you make practice regular.

Keep watching

Tutorials give you a chance to learn different/better workflows. They can give you insights beyond how Blender works. You can jump-start expertise by seeing how more experienced and more talented users strut their stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...