Monday 20 January 2020

Not enough. Not nearly enough








Weekend

I had a weekend looking after the boys, while Clara worked night shifts. Sometimes I get to indulge myself but this weekend I never really got focused enough to progress much 3D learning.

Noah woke up at 5:20am, on Saturday. He went downstairs to watch youtube videos, which got me up. Unable to get back to sleep, I decided to crank up Blender and do some messing about.


Fighting towers mk2 -- too far apart!
As often happens, in the second attempt at something, you manage to dodge the mistakes of the first attempt, but you also end up losing something, a quality that you only notice after you have invested quite a bit of time. Attempt three pays for all! I'll try again, next week.

Fireshark


Rough sketch of the Fireshark Mk2 - Consortium Multirole Fighter
Blender screenshot


I made a tentative start on the Fireshark space fighter on Sunday evening. By tentative, I mean that I probably made about 4 starts, but quickly rejected the mode early on. I decided that I needed a stronger starting position - based on more precise sketches.


I must learn to get the basic shape right before making the detail cuts that break up the quads. I have HardOPS, which is a powerful set of workflows that use intelligent beveling to manage a non-destructive boolean workflow. I feel that I need to nail down the basics before I go down that rabbit hole.


The design is a bit stubby, I want the longer hose back. Although the side stubs are looking better than the sketch, they might make the winglets look a bit funny though. Definitely work-in-progress.

Probably rejected cabin design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That deeply sh!t thing happened again

 On Saturday night, we had a brief power cut. It only lasted a few seconds, resulting in a hard shutdown of my workstation. This is the work...