Tuesday 25 June 2024

Medical Frigate: Endgame

 I've pretty much completed the modelling. That isn't to say that I won't redo a few elements. An airlock door, here. A few more banks of lamps and lights. Maybe even a ship name embossed on the hull, when I think of the name.

Guns, guns, guns. Tiny ones, just for point defence.

Dropship bay at the bottom. Docking bay at the mid-point.

That hulking mid-section makes me think of a snail lugging its shell.

UV mapping. I won't go wild on the surface treatment. It fits best into the Aliens style by using high contrast and stark treatment. The colour palette is subdued and bleak, although different from Sulaco's battleship grey with a blue cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Medical Frigate: Deck plans

 I may come back to the model to improve the overall effect and some of the details, but for now I'm concentrating on the deck plans. De...