Friday 15 March 2024

Challenge accepted!

 I'm going to work on a challenge submission for the Sunrise Serenity Challenge, which was just announced by True-VFX and Kaizen Tutorials.

I know, I know! I haven't come anywhere near finishing my Orca Challenge. It's an ongoing thing, but I've not had the right frame-of-mind to jump into the next stage.

This Sunrise challenge is a two-week timebox. Either I submit something, or I don't. It's a very broad brief: create a still render that is inspired by the serenity of a good sunrise.

Your task is to create a still rendering of a scene inspired by the serene and tranquil moments of sunrise. Feel free to interpret the theme as abstractly or literally as you like and let your creativity shine.

Right now, I think this calls for a landscape scene that is full of hope for a new day. I'd explore ideals and nature's beauty.


           Some ideas:


           > Like Noah's Ark, a large improvised boat lands as the sun rises over a new land.

           > A dreamlike version of Sheffield, a beautiful pre-industrial version with cobblestones and tree-lined streets.

            > A spacecraft floating on water, a crewmember sits on a deckchair with a fishing rod as strange alien dolphin creatures jump from the water. Inspired by Subnautica? In no small way, yes!

             > A vast Stone Henge at dawn, along with a whole bunch of druid people.


Other stuff

Asset thingy progressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

More house

This morning I showed Clara the "dream" house. She had some constructive criticisms of the design, including a wish to have direct...