Monday 12 December 2022

Blue

 It's taken a month for my expectations to rise to unrealistic levels. This weekend I did a lot of playing around with landscape work. I spent a lot of time waiting for renders. Waiting!?! On THIS machine?

Well, I think that part of the problem is that I'm scaling the terrain meshes up to be hundreds of metres. This makes the texture and light more realistically, but it also pushes everything up. Scattering grass being a case in point. You just can't do a dense scatter of realistic grass over hundreds of metres. I know this because I tried this.

Green stuff

The viewport became unresponsive, even when most of the scatter objects were hidden. I moved the camera and hadn't realised I'd moved it way up. The resulting point of view captured the whole grass bank in the distance. Somehow it rendered (and looked a bit rubbish) but afterwards I couldn't even save the output because Blender was jammed.
 
Progress on the snowman 

I got better snow from Kaizen Tutorials. Very impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...