Tuesday 20 September 2022

Forgotten Tools - Episode 1

 Months ago I bought the Blender add-on Rantools. (https://blendermarket.com/products/rantools)



This generous set of tools provides lots of clever scripting to handle odd-but-cool functions (instant lighting rigs!), as well as some geniune why-is-this-not-in-Blender-already tools --- advanced boolean cutting tools, called P-tools, here.


I completely forgot about it. Mostly because I didn't set time aside to learn the vast array of new things.

I'm going to blog my way through those tools that I feel that I need to start using.




Add a light setup:

Select a focus mesh. 
Select "L"



Scroll Wheel: Cycle through pre-set lighting rigs.
A: Change alignment
Hold CTRL + mouse: Change the light intensity
T: Track to object (Off by default)

Different lighting rigs:











No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...