Sunday 7 August 2022

A Week without Blender (Holiday in North Wales)

 


It was nice to get away from it all -- even some of the good stuff, like Blender. Time away from 3D resets your brain. I enjoyed baffling people by taking lot of photos of seemingly nothing -- rock photos for a source of new materials, to you and I.

Black Rock Sands, a filming location for the 1971 Macbeth. Really cool beach, perfect for three witches or regular tourists.


This was a quick play around. I didn't have too much source material for limpety sea rock, so this is far from an ideal source. I managed to make it seamless, although it as a bit too much repetition for a staring role in a Blender scene.


A little over-cooked, but adequate for some background elements. I do notice something that seems to have crept into yesterdays 3.2.2 update: the displacement is showing sampling lines. I'll need to look into that, in case I just missed a property change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...