Tuesday 30 April 2024

Mayday! Mayday!

 Traveller is a science fiction roleplaying game that is very dear to me. May 1st is the unofficial Traveller day of celebration, in part because of the blurb on the game's box:

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone... Mayday, Mayday... we are under attack... main drive is gone... turret number one not responding. Mayday... losing cabin pressure fast… calling anyone... please help... This is Free Trader Beowulf... Mayday...


This sets the tone for the game's gritty, harder-than-you-expect science fiction that often plays like a blend of Alien and Dune. Last year I whipped up a quick Blender scene to share with the Traveller community. I thought I'd do the same this year. A landing site!

True-Terrain 5, True-Sky and some desert scatter using Geo-Scatter

This made me think of a scene I created a few years ago. This is a cheeky composite as I didn't manage to get the model into the terrain scene, which was from World Creator 2. I did like the Scoutship which I built in 2014-15 but never managed to finish.

Test render from 2022

Scoutship with new materials

Various procedural materials from the Sanctus library

I was quite proud of the back.

Version 1. Wideview, but It needed a bit more...

Mushrooms and an extra.. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free-Trader Coasting

  I moved into materials work a little early. There are some important elements, such as the vernier-style thruster ports on the nose and a ...