Friday, 7 October 2022

More Monarch

 


The build needs to match the actual 2300AD ship construction process, so I have to balance creative whims with the volume requirements of all the ships elements. For example, the twin spin habitat rings each take up about 500 displacement tons. That's about 7000 cubic metres.

The total displacement of the Monarch is 3000 displacement tons. I need to make sure that hangers, engines, weapon systems, all that good stuff, fits into the remaining parts.

A problem I have right now is that the ship's hull is supposed to be more enclosed. It's maybe looking too distributed along a spinal tube.

I'm going to rebuild the forward section -- the one here was more of a 3d sketch. I like it overall, but I need to take more time with the elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A tale of two terrain generators

 I've somehow fallen into a new workflow where I use both World Creator (WC) and Gaea to create a terrain. I use WC's ability to qui...