Wednesday 24 February 2021

Worldbuilder landscape fun


Taking a holiday from the hard surface modelling to have another play with landscapes. This one was built in Worldbuilder 2, a wonderful terrain generation tool used in the movies. A new version comes out later this year but I still have only scratched the surface of this one..no pun intended.

worldbuilder1

The original wavefront file was nearly 2GB. I wasn't letting that bad boy anywhere near Blender. This one was boiled down to about 100MB. Acompanied by a good normal map, it still does a reasonable job. I'm more interested in close-up work at the moment, I think vast panaramas are some way off.

worldbuilder2

While these are rendered in Blender (Cycles) they're probably best used on a composite. Sadly, I had complete forgotten how to set one up. I watched a youtube video to help me remember - here is the result:


The Scout ship was rendered in Blender but then composited into the background scene, along with a basic shadow map.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...