Saturday 27 February 2021

Geometry Nodes! This is going to be big.



The latest version of Blender was released this week. It's 2.92, and it includes one of the most exiting feature sets, ever. Ever! Geometry Nodes is part of the "Everything Nodes" project which is attempting to make all aspects of Blender creation available to the node graphing paradigm.

I watched a couple of videos to get me started, gut I still got stuck, because most of the tutorials were created before the feature went into general release, with important changes.




It's not working, its very slow! It was very frustrating, but I eventually figured out that you start by invoking a Geometry Node as a modifier.


After some fidling, I got it working as expected. You shouldn't be suprised to learn that the PC slowed to a crawl. That's a pig pile of medium detail rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...